Advanced Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy PRP Center in Los Angeles
PRP therapy is an excellent treatment option to treat the following painful conditions:
- Ankle Sprains
- Tennis Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Chronic Plantar Fasciitis
- ACL Injuries
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee, Shoulder, Hip, and Spine
- Pelvic Pain and Instability
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Ligament Sprains
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy and PRP Treatment Center in Greater Los Angeles
Many people successfully benefit from PRP therapy. Some of those who regularly seek treatment are Athletes, Construction Workers, Carpet Installers, Plumbers, Roofers, Floor Installers, Truck Drivers, Electricians, Air Conditioner Installers, Firefighters, Roadside Workers, Sports Players.
Our expert rheumatologists specialize in treating the above painful conditions with an in-office, safe and highly effective PRP injection. Our PRP therapy procedures produce the best possible patient results and fewer inflammatory side effects. We utilize one of the most advanced forms of platelet-rich plasma therapy, ensuring the best possible patient outcomes. The PRP procedure takes a couple of hours and is performed in our medical office.
How Does PRP Therapy Work and Help Heal The Injury?
- The body’s natural response to any soft tissue injury is to deliver platelet cells. However, in certain injuries, the body is not able to deliver sufficient platelet cells in a timely manner.
- Platelets in the blood initiate repair and attract the critical assistance of stem cells. These platelets are packed with growth and healing factors.
- The PRP injection intensifies the body’s efforts by delivering a higher concentration of platelets directly into the area in need. It initiates the natural healing process.
- A small sample of your blood is drawn in our Los Angeles area office to create PRP, and placed in a centrifuge that spins the blood at high speeds, separating the platelets from the other components. The process is handled manually by our experienced specialist, producing higher concentrations of platelets and a much more pure concentration of the beneficial blood components.
- The PRP is then carefully injected into and around the point of injury by our specialist. This fastens and strengthens the healing process.
- There is no to very low risk of infection because PRP uses your own blood. There is a very low risk of allergic reaction.
PRP use in Arthritis
It is most commonly used for knee osteoarthritis but may be used on other joints as well. Studies have shown Knees treated with 1 or 2 PRP injections saw a reduction in pain and stiffness as well as improvement in knee function at 6 weeks and 3 months. At 6-month positive results could decline and may need additional PRP injections for pain and function
How often injections for Knee Arthritis?
Up to three PRP injections may be given within a six-month time frame, usually performed two to three weeks apart. You may gain considerable to complete relief after the first or second injection
What is the price of PRP injections?
PRPGo only charges $299 per PRP injection. We have kept this price highly affordable as a service to our community so that the majority of our members can benefit from the latest advances and heal fast with our PRP treatment.
How long it will take to do PRP?
The Platelet Rich Plasma therapy takes approximately 45 minutes including preparation of PRP, injection and post-injection observation
Are PRP injections safe?
PRP is a safe treatment option with no risk of allergic reaction because it is your own blood. Any Needle injection is placed in the body, there is a risk of infection, bleeding, and nerve damage. These risks are very rare.
Do PRP injections hurt?
During the PRP procedure, a local anesthetic is injected to minimize the patient’s discomfort. Some people feel mild or moderate pain at the injection site for 2 to 3 weeks after the procedure. Other people say they only experienced slight discomfort or none
How Long Does it take for PRP to work?
Healing process starts right away. Clinical improvement will take place in 2-6 weeks. Based on patients response more than few treatments of PRP may be needed.
How Many Times Can You Take PRP Injections?
Three PRP injections may be given within a six-month time frame. Most of our patients gain complete relief after the first or second injection. Our specialist physician will discuss these options with you.
What are the Expected Results from PRP Therapy?
Considerable improvement in pain may be seen within a matter of weeks, gradually increasing as the healing progresses. Our goal of PRP therapy is to resolve your pain completely through proper healing. Numerous clinical practice and studies have shown PRP therapy to be quite effective at relieving pain and returning patients to their normal lives. MRI and Ultrasound images have shown tissue repair after PRP therapy, verifying the healing process.
Who Has Been Treated with PRP Therapy?
Kobe Bryant used PRP Therapy to treat his injuries, and it made a huge difference when he came back the first time (and subsequently won the NBA title). Steph Curry recently used PRP Therapy during the 2016 NBA playoffs and made a speedy recovery.
What is PRP injection recovery time?
The recovery period of three to six weeks as your body works to heal itself. The first two weeks keep physical activity to a relative minimum, and after two weeks you can begin physical therapy if needed
Can you drive after PRP injection?
You can drive your vehicle after injections.
Any instructions to follow after PRP injections?
Exercise and alcohol, smoking is best avoided for 24hrs following the injection. Build back into exercise and activity gradually following PRP.
Avoid Aspirin and Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory medications for three days after PRP